v!be
relativity

relativity


Me, Myself and I...

What do "i" do to become rich and famous?
Was it "me" they were discussing about?
"I" think "I" can do this "myself"!

What is common to all these questions or in fact most of the thoughts that occupy our mind is the predominant "Me"! "me","myself" and "i" are the three most frequently used words and used mostly without their implications being understood!

The truth is - I am born with myself and I am so much a part of me, that the "me", "myself" and "i" as components of an indispensable relationship are hard to grasp.

The term "relationship" doesn't preclude an association with oneself.In fact this is the only enduring relationship where u r in perpetual proximity with the one you are related to.For most people ,nurturing relationships is synonymous to building and maintaining associations with extraneous entities and consequently the one with thy self is relegated.

The first time I was aware of "my" presence in my life was when I broke off with my boyfriend.Things had gone sour and I had realised that we couldnt get on together.But my boyfriend hadn't and there were a series of attempts trying to cajole me into it with nothing short of even tears to convince me that things would work out.All those feats made me feel extremely guilty of the fact that I, a so called philanthropist, actually ended up in hurting someone. But at the same time I realised that my guilt was subordinate to my happiness that would come from shedding off this burden of a relationship."my" happiness at that point required the exclusion of a certain person and the cessation of my relationship with him.This was when I understood that a more important relationship prevailed - the one with my own self; the one that endures no matter what, the one whose survival sometimes demands the extinction of all other relationships. I stopped feeling guilty.

As long as you are in harmony and at peace with your own self, you can embark upon cultivating another relationship (that with your fellow human being!).But it's survival depends on this basic precondition.The moment it starts to upset the harmony(if it does!), a feeling of discomfort sets in and at one point the two relationships become mutually exclusive with the "self" always winning.

Then you would ask me as to why do some people end their lives when a relationship goes bitter such as the recent "Nafisa Joseph suicide case".This is because most people during times of emotional stress fail to acknowledge to themselves the importance of their self.Another person is prioritised over the self and consequently the "self-relationship" takes a backseat.During such tribulations the loss of this other person assumes wholesome importance and this is only because one can never presume what losing one's self is!

With all that said, while you stop by the mirror trying to get a closer look at the one who means the most to you,I take a break whistling Walt Whitman's "Song of Myself"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

goto top
Back Issues